If we look at the current scenario, the year 2020 has taught us about the importance of health. Moreover, we all are aware of how Covid-19 affects your Respiratory systems, so it is mandatory that you find out ways to protect yourself and your loved ones. One of the best ways to keep yourself immune is “Yoga For Lungs”
If you explore “Yoga Asanas for Lungs” you will come across numerous asanas which as a result help you to strengthen your lungs.
Therefore, everyone has to follow the pranayama to keep them healthy. There are varieties of Asanas and Pranayamas that can be easily done at home with little knowledge. Breathing plays an important role to keep the respiratory system well.
Yoga takes all the stress from our bodies and helps to keep them calm. It improves our breathing system which helps to strengthen our lungs.
Yoga Asanas For Lungs and Their Benefits:
How to perform: Fish pose is usually done in Padmasana position(Lotus Pose). We lie down on the floor in a relaxed position. Keep your arms in place and breathe in all the air by rolling your shoulders back. You should feel your body is creating a backbend to perform this asana.
Keep your legs crossed throughout to do it properly.
- Relax your neck and shoulders with the help of this Yoga Asana.
- It improves our breathing and helps in making our lungs stronger.
- Clean your lungs effectively & improve your breathing.
- Yoga for lungs is a must to keep us healthy.
2. Cross-legged sitting pose(Sukhasana)
How to perform: We sit cross-legged in this position. Make yourself comfortable while sitting in the pose so that you can sit for a long time.
However, this is yoga’s most basic pose. On your inhalation and exhalation try to keep your eyes close and concentrate on yourself.
- Keep your mind calm and stress-free with this Cross Legged Sitting Asana.
- Strengthen your legs effectively with this Yoga asana.
- It impacts our lungs effectively by improving our breath cycles.
- This asana is commonly used in Meditation and breathing exercises.
- This yoga asana strengthens our lungs.
3. Cobra pose(Bhujangasana)
How to perform: In Cobra pose we bend our back and it is like a Surya Namaskar pose.
You lie down on your stomach to perform this asana and with your hand strength bend your upper part as much as you can and look upwards.
- This pose strengthens the spine.
- It also helps in stretching the lungs and chest. This helps in cleaning the lungs.
- It helps in increasing blood circulation and keeps your face radiant.
- Clearly, this pose makes us strong internally.
- In addition to this, it helps in relieving all the pain from your back.
4. Lotus Shoulder Stand(Padma sarvangasana)
How to perform: This asana is done with a supported headstand. To do this pose begin in a shoulder stand and once stable keep the legs facing the ground.
While the full extension of this pose is difficult, make sure you are in a comfortable position before you start this.
- This asana is very beneficial. Moreover, it allows easier passage of the air to the lungs.
- Twisting the body acts as a massage for all the organs and makes them strong.
- As a result, it helps to make our lungs stronger. Not only makes the lungs stronger but helps in cleaning our lungs.
5. Sitting half spinal twist(Ardha Matsyendrasana)
How to perform: This pose is done in a sitting position. We bend your right knee and place that to the outside of your left knee to perform this asana. Breathe in and twist toward your right side,hug your right knee with your left arm and stretch as much as you can.
- This asana is beneficial in providing relief from stress and all the body pain. This yoga for lungs is really useful for us.
- This asana helps in the better circulation of oxygen in our body and makes our lungs stronger. Undoubtedly, it strengthens our lungs.
Without a doubt, by performing these asanas we can make our lungs stronger and improve our health. Therefore, Practicing Yoga is the best way to live a better life. Yoga is proven to help people who tend to lose their temper very easily.
If you are the type of person who has a lot of patience then yoga will be as easy as pie for you and even if you do not have patience it’s very easy to gain. Moreover, Yoga also improves your strength and flexibility.
Yoga also helps you burn calories for people who want to lose weight so, instead of going to the gym sit at home and perform these yoga asanas. On the other hand, if you incorporate Yoga Asanas into your daily routines, then you can actually maintain your fitness goals.
Overall, Yoga is the need of the hour & can actually transform your life.
So, this was all about the yoga for lungs which can help you to improve your respiratory system. It is the right time that you should adapt these Yoga asanas to your daily routines and keep yourself healthy.
If you have any suggestion, then please do share with us in the section below.
You can also download the Infographic which explains “Top Yoga Asanas For Lungs”